Sequencing Methods for Autism: A Randomized Trial (SMART)
This study examines how caregivers can learn social communication strategies, behavior regulation strategies or both sets of strategies to support autistic toddlers’ communication and behavior.
While participating in this study you will have the opportunity to learn strategies to support your child’s communication and/or behavior with the guidance and feedback of an expert clinician. All of these activities will occur over video call during a time that is most convenient for your family. Participating may not only benefit you and your child, but it may also help other families by helping us learn how to personalize support strategies for unique child and family goals.
You could be eligible if:
- Your child is between 18 and 48 months old
- Your child has received an autism diagnosis or is waiting to receive an autism evaluation
- You are interested in learning strategies to support your child’s communication and/or behavior
- Receive up to $200 for your family’s time over the 6-month study
- Participate in activities over video calls during a time that is most convenient for your family
- Learn how to support your child’s communication and behavior
- Receive an iPad (and potentially cellular service) during your participation
Click here to view and download the SMART study flyer